Re: [livecode] ixi lang

From: Scott Hewitt <wittlist_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 12:55:47 +0100

hi,

I sometimes wonder if the attraction people feel toward max / pd is
more about the immediate graphical feedback rather than the actual
graphical interface to the language.

I notice with students that the ability to see the numbers changing on
screen gives them them the confidence to experiment more aggressively
as they find bugging check more easy.

Also another feature of Max / pd which I think appeals to many people
is the fact that bits of the patching will work even if other parts
dont.

In my own experience I have been playing with ChucK a lot this summer
and found that it is now my preferred tool, due to the way it allows
me to handle programming constructs rather than attempt to express
them within Max.

Scott