Re: [livecode] toplap on bbc website

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 21:40:56 +0200

2009/8/28 alex <alex_at_lurk.org>

> We dug out some angry people on reddit:

Some of them make good comments though. I think I agree that there might be
a aspect of performance art to livecoding. Also amusing was the
recommendation to first study music theory, considering how many members we
have that study music theory quite serious or even teach it. There is a bit
too little music in the clip to really say anything about but I wonder where
the perceived lack of "musical" elements comes from.

At any rate it's nice that people react so strongly. It's so rare to see
people get outraged by music these days.

And no assault on the camera man in the posted clip but it was made up for
by the question of whether Nick would really follow all instructions where I
seemed to detect a undercurrent of hope for improper behaviour. Might be
just my dirty mind.

Yours,
Kas.