Re: [livecode] google summer of code

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 20:27:56 +0000

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 21:08 +0100, Artem Baguinski wrote:
> a suggestion: clocks should announce themselves over mDNS service
> discovery, so softwares would find them more easily.
>
> in fact any software supporting well-known network interfaces should
> probably do that, so that interconnecting on LAN would become a matter
> of browse-and-click (like selecting a DAAP share in a music player or
> a network printer in a print dialog).

Yes agreed. PTPd has auto-discovery: http://ptpd.sourceforge.net/ . It
would be a perfect basis for this stuff if only someone would port it to
mac os x and windows.

The website for the netclock project is here:
http://netclock.slab.org/ . So far we've got sync between
supercollider, Perl and haskell, and I think Graham's got some way with
getting it to work with pure data too. We've also got a patch submitted
to liblo to allow a C netclock library. Much to do and tidy up
though...

alex