Re: [livecode] Livecode Software Survey : the results

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 18:47:30 +0100

2009/1/11 thor <th.list_at_gmail.com>:

> On 11 Jan 2009, at 15:28, Kassen wrote:
>
>> That said; the SC-CK rivalry is of course a very real thing that should be
>> taken very seriously. After all; it's well known that SC users eat babies
>> ;¬).
>
> Such dualisms are boring.

Let me clarify. This remark comes from a series of questions on the
ChucK forum about the differences between SC and CK. Both are
primarily realtime systems for processing/generating sound, MIDI and
OSC, etc. I can see why people feel they are comparable. I don't know
why people don't compare either to CSound that much; I just moderate
that forum section, I'm not responsible for what questions people
post.

Anyway, there were already many topics on this in which (mainly) James
Dewdrop World and myself covered the differences and similarities from
as many angles as we could think of in response to questions about the
differences. When there was yet another question about this
-perceived- dualism I blurted out that the chief advantage of CK was
that SC users eat babies. Maybe it would've been better to instead
write "we just had a topic about this, it's still on the first page of
the index".

Yours,
Kas.