Re: [livecode] [Fwd: Re: livecoding at piksel]

From: Cyrill Bloch <cyrill.bloch_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 13:55:49 +0000 (GMT)

Hi
I can't find the stream archive at http://www.piksel.no/piksel08/p08_streams.htm?
C++

De: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Objet: Re: [livecode] [Fwd: Re: livecoding at piksel]
À: livecode_at_toplap.org
Date: Lundi 8 Décembre 2008, 12h16

On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 11:07 +0100, alejo duque wrote:
> for the record it will be nice to know what hardware you used.. since
> gstreamer, your code = the sound and irc where all in one..

Just my (>3 year old) 2Ghz dell laptop.

To spell it out for posterity:

I ran a rxvt terminal in the tiniest font it had in the top left corner
of my screen (the smaller the screen capture the less cpu was used). I
used xwininfo to get the windows dimensions to give to gstreamer. I ran
my 'datadirt' software sampler, and triggered samples and effects by
OSC
from feedback.pl. Gstreamer captured the audio mix and encoded it along
with the captured video using the free ogg/theora+vorbis encoding,
sending it to an icecast streamer running on my server.

As there aren't hoards of livecoders leaping forward to offer to do a
remote performance I propose I do another one with a bit more notice
this time, to try to get the ball rolling. Saturday 20th at 22:00h GMT.
Meet on irc.freenode.net on #toplap, listen and watch on
http://toplap.org:8000/live using the crossplatform 'vlc' media player.
Don't expect anything particularly good, practiced or long in
duration...

Sorry if 22h GMT isn't good for many people's timezones, it's the
streamer's privilege to set the time...

Cheers

alex