Re: [livecode] scheme bricks

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:27:53 -0000 (GMT)

Hi Till,

> that look's interesting!
> Maybe the point I will try lisp on more time, and now not frustrated
> by the parenthesiseseseses.

Well, the underlying structure is the important thing, this replaces the
parentheses with something else, it's not necessarily easier - as you
still have to remember the how to form the structures. However it is a bit
more fun ;)

> BtW, do you know about a resource (scientific paper, etc.) where this
> ominous
> code <-> data structure isomorphism
> is explained in ore detail?

S Expressions : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-expression
or the original McCarthy paper from 1960:
http://www-formal.stanford.edu/jmc/recursive/recursive.html

cheers,

dave