Re: [livecode] reporting in.

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 17:06:27 +0200

AlgoMantra

I started out calmly while people walked in with sonifying my keyboard
>> presses which I thought would place more emphasis on the text being the
>> interface to the sound for random passers by.
>>

> I saw this in a movie called Avalon by Mamoru Oshii. The fictional computer
> they show in it has all the keypresses sonified. It's like the keyboard
> becomes a sort of tabla.

I've got that movie on DVD, most of the sound is very good there, IMHO.

It seems a popular device to have text appear with a sound, especially the
ever popular green glowing terminal that sounds like a old-fashioned printer
while text comes in. More could be done with this, like extra emphasis on
closing statements with a ";" or different sounds for different groups of
characters.

It's a nice technique.

Yours,
Kas.