[livecode] Fwd: IRC+livecode?

From: Laurens van der Wee <l.vanderwee_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 00:03:21 +0200

Forwarded from Than, who is not on this list:

Hi,

(Mac only:)
You might want to know this object:
http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~aka/max/#aka_speech
'Speakable items' is probably applescriptable, so you can make you
own commands, or apps, like, say:
http://nsgn.net/software/say/

Applescript indeed!
-> Terminal enter:
osascript -e 'say "hi there"'
and there you go...

If you'd want to build your own Speech Synthesis for Mac, first read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlainTalk and learn about diphones...

And also check out:
http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to-speech-interactive-demo.html
Hope this was a bit of help?