Re: [livecode] [OT] cellular automata

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 01:29:41 +0200

AlgoMantra;

> I'm afraid so, Kas. In my schema all cells starts looking at each other at
> the same moment in "time". If you re-read the original question I clearly
> posit the problem of "true simultaneity". In your schema you always only
> start at some arbitrary but lone cell.

Well, in your original question you ask "The question is this: You can't
possibly update all the cells
simultaneously can you?" and that is exactly what my method will do. It
won't *calculate* all cells at the same time since a cpu will only do one
thing at the same time but they will *update* at the same moment which is
very different and where you start calculating won't matter; it won't affect
a thing, you could do it forwards, backwards or at random and the result
will be the same which is exactly what you need here.

If for some conceptual reason you need to *calculate* them all at the same
time then it's probably time to rent time in some super-computer meant for
weather simulations. Really, read my explanations back.

Yours,
Kas.