Re: [livecode] granular music recommendations?

From: Tim Opie <timopie_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 08:23:47 +1000

http://www.granularsynthesis.com is seeking to include more music. Of
course any granular synthesis recording is still under copyright, so
permission is needed for all pieces, so there is not a lot
there......yet ;)

The book "Microsound" by Curtis Roads contains a CD with a lot of good
examples, and excerpts, including the early classic "nscor".
http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?tid=8587&ttype=2

I like "Ocean" from the "Pacific" CD by Barry Truax, in which he
stretches out ocean waves until time is almost standing still. Barry has
some excerpts of his work on his site:
http://www.sfu.ca/~truax/gsample.html

> Barry Truax's Riverrun comes to mind as a classic..
>
> It would be worth listening to some of Curtis Road's stuff.
>
> Probably the microsound list has more ideas
>
> Ross.

   / All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?
  / * Timothy Opie * timopie_at_fastmail.fm
 / http://www.granularsynthesis.com
'--- FreeBSD? Naturally! ---http://www.freebsd.org --