Re: [livecode] audio source in linux

From: AlgoMantra <algomantra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 11:36:55 +0530

> There are many branches of mathematics. Sound synthesis languages are a
> mathematics of sound, which have to take into account that the being of
> sound is more than its waveform. Just as any mathematics, it is not trivial
> to describe something formally. 'Low level' system commands may well turn
> out to be less mathematical than 'high level' programming languages. Despite
> this, it is a nice project! If you want to be close to discourses such as
> those of mathematical logic though, Haskell may be a good alternative.
> --

I think many times when I follow a mathematical derivation, or proof,
I have felt that it was a sort of code stirring visualizations in my head.
As I continue to believe (perhaps wrongly) - we have surrounded ourselves
by walls of categories that shouldn't exist in the first place. Math and
code
are pretty much the same to me, and there are moments when sound is
image, and vice versa. I don't believe I'm talking to a screen right now.

Now Master Kassen will say that "but categories are useful", and "they help
us
organise our thoughts in a constructive way". Of course he's right, but
I persist...:)

--