Re: [livecode] syntax free

From: AlgoMantra <algomantra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 07:20:26 +0530

> As I understand it, in his book "conceptual spaces" Gärdenfors sees
> meaning (semantics) being represented not within syntax but within a
> geometric 'conceptual' space.

Yeah, this English in which we communicate on this list is arranged in a
syntax that is a many-tiered array-like geometric space. Blank space
between words separates them, and words are shapes too,
and combinations of more fundamental shapes that form the alphabet.
We do not see it as a conceptual space because we have so much conditioning
built on top of that kernel of memory (sic). Words by themselves do not
have much meaning unless they exist in our own mental lexicon.

http://www.algomantra.com