Re: [livecode] syntax free

From: Rob Myers <rob_at_robmyers.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 19:12:51 +0000

Kassen wrote:

> Wait, are there actually people who feel the keyboard isn't a "tangible
> interface"?

The keyboard is *familiar*. It isn't tangible because we don't notice
it. It's the socks under the shoes of our software. Defamiliarising it
might be a useful strategy.

Back in the day*, we used to rip keyboards open and wire them up as
cheap a2d converters. We got through more keyboards that way... But
stickers and using something other than fingers would be good as well.

> It seems hip right now to turn these things around, like the Reactable

I really don't understand the reaction to Reactable. Projector/camera
tables have been a regular feature in MA and gallery shows for over a
decade.

- Rob.

* Middlesex University, mid 1990s.