Re: [livecode] lew

From: James Baker <cycle.code.media_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 16:32:17 +1100

> The screenshots look really nice too actually, although I'd cheekily claim
> I could write similar things with less code in fluxus - but this brings up
> an interesting point that arc has triggered too, is shorter code
> neccisarily clearer?
>
> At what point does it become unintelligible? It's a bit like an 'uncanny
> valley' class of problem.

Personally I think arc is a terrible idea and to *me* arc code its
totally unreadable. I think the idea of that shorter code makes for
greater productivity may well be true, but there has to be sane
limits. How many people these days actually type everything anyhow?
For instance I've been doing some experiments in common lisp lately
and even though we-have-the-massive-function-names syndrome, with my
editor (emacs) all it takes is the first few letters then a hit of the
alt+tab key. The same goes for all of the Java IDE's I've seen,
tooltips/dropdown/code-completion etc.

James