Re: [livecode] code taunts

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:09:53 +0100

On 20/02/2008, Nick Collins <nc272_at_cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> dedicated to Ge Wang, with apologies in advance
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JczcwsTqBwA

I understand you are trying to bring elements of MC-ing show-downs into
Livecoding. It's a good idea, I think. It goes beyond the competition style
that has to remove the "nerdy" element... We're now only removed from
becoming as rich and famous as emenem by the wearing of our hoody over our
woollen hat or cap and some solemn nodding like "yeah, yeah, check it out"
was the most profound thing we ever heard.

I suppose we'll now have to have signs of audience approval.

Though you, Ge, nor my fellow audience-members can see this I put on my
hoody and nodded. It was a appreciative sort of nod, expressing my approval
of the initiated competition. I'm -through nodding- also trying to imply I
witnessed livecoding insult-competitions since I was 6 and am "down with
them". There is no sign of appreciation for cultural development here as
such things have no street-cred and really can't be expressed that well
through nodding.

However, it also doesn't quite go into "pretending to be a very heavy-set
man that can't nod any harder then he is already doing" territory, partially
because of the striking omission of feeding the randomly generated
insult-strings to the speech synth. Still, one shouldn't blow it all on the
first round so no harm done there.

Keep it real,
Kas.

;¬)