[livecode] control scsynth from python

From: altern <altern2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 15:13:29 +0100

hi again

Just released ...

SC package for Python :
Easily control SuperCollider sound server from Python.

SC allows to easily control Supercollider sound server (scsynth) from
Python. It wraps scsynth / scosc libraries by Patrick Stinson
(http://trac2.assembla.com/pkaudio). SC provides with a simpler API to
use those libraries. However advance users might want to bypass SC and
use those libraries directly.

Using SC, Supercollider Synthdefs can be loaded into the scsynth server
therefore can be totally controlled from python.
New synthdefs can be instantiated in real time and its sound conections
can be changed. SC can also be used from interactive Python to do live
coding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_coding).

Download it from :
- source, docs and examples
http://www.ixi-software.net/content/download/sc/sc-0.1.zip
- windows package installer
http://www.ixi-software.net/content/download/sc/sc-0.1.win32.exe

I am getting some small errors in some cases on windows but i think they
are caused by the version of psycollider I am running. I have to check
this better. Please report errors. thanks.

Final license is GLP because patrick stinson's libraries are GPL

enrike