Re: [livecode] human live coding dorkumentation

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:59:25 +0100

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 22:19 +0100, Nick Collins wrote:
> very human!
>
> did anyone run around behind Evan's back changing instructions? Apart from
> the confusion over rules and percepts we see in the video, how wilful could
> the participants get in choosing their own way?

As I remember, the patches weren't really changed while they were
running. I guess it needed some time for everyone to get used to the
idea before that was possible. It would add a lot though -
self-modifying instructions and self-reconfiguring patches would be
nice!

One 'problem' that became clear is that there was no clear distinction
between message passing (ie counting) and the 'musical' output. The
messages became part of the music.

The '89 volt shock' instruction was a reference to a real electrical
current that passed through many people until we realised that some
dodgy electrics in the scout hut was causing a whole table to be live...

alex