Re: [livecode] livecoding in london, ICMC and live patching

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 12:54:49 +0100

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 12:11 +0200, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> Nick Collins wrote:
> > the presentation itself. Iohannes, will you put it up online?
>
> no i won't as it already is :-)
> http://umlaeute.mur.at/Members/zmoelnig/dissertation/papers/icmc2007
>
> and here's another paper presented at the pd-convention just before the
> icmc, which mainly deals with a multiuser-editor within Pd for the sake
> of live coding:
> http://umlaeute.mur.at/Members/zmoelnig/dissertation/papers/pd2007
>
> i'll probably put my slides online too

Interesting stuff - live visual programming is a very rich area to
explore. Thinking about programming this way can also improve the
usability of existing languages I think.

I'm working on a graph programming language at the moment, but it's not
going to be much like pd (if it works at all).

I was impressed with Roberts desire data performance at loss livecode -
I think there is something to be said for making livecoding more
accessible in this way - I don't know much pure data at all, but I
understood quite a bit about what he was doing.

cheers,

dave