Re: [livecode] Livecode recordings uploaded

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 00:26:31 +0100

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 23:49 +0200, Kassen wrote:

> Some time back there was discussion here about a DVD or book. I think
> that if a performance can be send to a projection monitor it can also
> be send to a VCR, that wouldn't place any aditional strain on the
> performer or the computer. I could imagine working with the DVD
> facilities for multiple angles so the viewer could switch between
> seeing just the performer's schreen and seeing the whole
> stage/context. So far many of the videos about livecoding I've seen
> have been impressive, enjoyable and completely unreadable.

I definitely agree, I've been wanting to sort out a live coding dvd for
some time - would anyone be interested in making some movies for this? I
quite like the idea of rendering code to the subtitle layer :)

Live coding should be highly compressable - sc history is lossless and
tiny, fluxus does a similar thing to record key presses - and it also
does the same with the gamepad input (this is how I render movies -
offline at fixed framerate afterwards)

I haven't ever remembered to turn this on live - it never seems
important when you're trying to get (e.g.) syncing to work :) One way
around this is to log everything automatically, so all your histories
are stored without you having to think about it.

cheers,

dave