Re: [livecode] ascii rave

From: Matthew Yee-King <lists_at_yeeking.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:45:58 +0100

he doesn't theorise it in terms of live coding and the possibilties you
>> show in the video, but it might be worth referencing? He uses a DIY speech
>> synthesis approach like you that gives speech with (uncanny?) character,
>> having spent a long obsessive time himself mapping out English phones...
>
> Ace! I'm a real stickler for obsessive mapping although my own mapping
> only took about 10 minutes, I just used a mouse to pick values for the
> two parameters that were a bit like each consonant.

I have this genetic algorithm based system with which I might be able to
search for some good settings if you send me the synthdef... it can
iteratively update the settings as they improve - is that live coding??
I need to get another paper out of it then I can GPL it.

cheers

- matthew