[livecode] LOSS Livecode Recordings and details

From: Jim Prevett <mcprev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:55:59 +0100

Hi Tom (and all),

I hope you are all good and sorry for my lack of contact over the past
weeks- I have been taking the opportunity for some rest time, fun and sun in
Helsinki... I would recomend to all :)

I would like to say thank you to all who took part in LOSS Livecode and that
it was a pleasure to meet you all and hear what you are all up to. One of
the biggest aims of the festival was to get people together who are
interested in the same area and support an interesting and blossoming area
of audio production. In this sense I think it has been a total success. Just
the fact that this email list has been so active is a great acheivement...
although this is also a development of Toplap!

The recordings- my suggestion would be to host them all together. I just
asked Alex about the recordings from the pub today- so fantastic. I have
all the recordings from the Live night and have been cleaning them up. I
currently have them in wav format and was going to put them on the LOSS
website as ogg (as this fits with open our ethos etc). I can however give
the wav formats to anyone who wants them. What I want to get is clearance /
agreements from everybody to do this. Currently the LOSS website is only
hosting the old CD tracks that are all released under teh Creative Commons
sampling plus license. The LOSS website is currently being re-worked so LOSS
becomes a banner for interesting projects... hence the LOSS Livecode. I will
be collating all the documentation / links to this on this site and I will
also put the recordings here also (subject to clearance). In the meantime,
until this website is completed, I would suggest that I simply put all of
these on a seperate page where all of those involved can listen... what say
you?

Another possibility is to see what budget we have left and make a CD of
these. This would obviously take time though.

One last thing to say is... if you enjoyed this event- then please give me
feedback- I know some of you have already and thanks, but the more we get
the more justification we have of doing it / something similar again.

My best wishes to you all
Jim

ps- invoices are being processed as we speak!