Re: [livecode] Call for participation - Loss Livecode, Sheffield 20-22 July 2007

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:00:16 +0000

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 12:09 +0100, Julian Rohrhuber wrote:
> nice! I'm sure it will be a great meeting.

Yes, although this is really down to the submissions we get for
performances and presentations. I think there is no point rejecting any
submission within the remit (or outside of it in an interesting way), if
there are a lot of submissions then we can just give everyone 5 minute
presentation slots (controlled by robotic scheduler). So everyone
please submit interesting ideas and also get the person sitting next to
you to do the same.

There is also the commission side (has to be so due to funding
constraints) which is more limited and makes it a bit more like a
competition. Maybe there are ways of working against this idea from
within... One idea could be a commission for a performance by 100
people who get £10 each for example. :)

alex