Re: [livecode] apologies for an off topic post

From: jamie forth <jamie71forth_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:11:22 +0000 (GMT)

>From limited personal experience, which is also quite
London centric, maybe look into the University of the
Arts: London College of Communication and Camberwell
particularly seem to do a fair bit of sound art stuff
- I drop in the occasional seminar. There are also
studentships here:
http://www.arts.ac.uk/research/30789.htm.

While not an art college, Goldsmiths of course does
lots of interesting arty (and science) stuff.

As for music colleges, Birmingham does this:
http://www.integralive.org/.

A SEMPRE conference is also being held there:
http://www.sempre.org.uk/conf_details.html?id=31.
And the SuperCollider conference was held at the
University of Bham.

Although biased (as my current affiliation), The Royal
College of Music is worth a look, it has ties with
Imperial and City which can be useful on the technical
side.

Looking at delegate lists/journals can be a good way
of searching out interesting people and projects, e.g.
the not particularly current or accurate list of LAM
members is worth a look if you haven't already:
http://homepages.gold.ac.uk/michaelyoung/LAMweb/

Good luck!