Re: [livecode] Workshop Mulhouse

From: douglas edric stanley <destanley_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:20:18 -0800

>Hey Douglas,
>
>On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 09:17 +0100, douglas edric stanley wrote:
>> Just a quick note to announce a workshop I'll be
>> running in about two weeks time in Mulhouse
>> (France). I'll put up some more info on my blog
>> in a few moments. We'll be using Processing, so I
>> don't know how well it's going to work out for
>> true hardcode livecoding. There will be a public
>> performance on Thursday evening (March 1st).
>
>I've been following this thread about livecoding with processing:
>http://processing.org/discourse/yabb_beta/YaBB.cgi?board=Integrate;action=display;num=1120340727;start=0
>
>Are you going to try one of these scripting hacks?

Most definitely. I was planning on re-reading
that thread and hopefully using it as a base.
Otherwise, we'll just do what I use to do in the
Director-days: open up a couple instances of the
application and get several screens running at
the same time. It's ugly that way, but fun.

I was just thinking that I should have some sort
of communication loop going on with all the open
applications. I don't know what I'll use for
that. Maybe some shared text file, as I have a
feeling that if I use UDP each application will
hog the message and not pass it on to the others.
But that's something we should discuss on the
Processing forums. Never mind, move along...
--
/*
// Douglas Edric Stanley