Re: [livecode] New to this

From: mcburton <mcburton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 23:13:22 -0500

On 2/12/07, alex <alex_at_slab.org> wrote:
> Also I've heard a couple of experienced hackers (whose opinions I
> greatly respect) who have independently heaped praise upon the
> supercollider language itself. This surprised me somewhat, it seems it
> is a very fine example of an object oriented language.

The Supercollider language is heavily based on Smalltalk, which is one
of those languages (like LISP) that was so awesome it hurt, but alas
was too far ahead of its time and never hit mainstream (many languages
like python and ruby still don't support all the sweet features)...

It makes the CS grad in me squeak with delight ;-)