[livecode] drumming circle in london (uk) this sunday

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:57:41 +0000

Sorry for the late notice, but I thought some livecoders in London would
be interested in the laptop drumming circle. We're meeting this Sunday,
let me know if you're coming along.

Details follow...

OPENLAB LAPTOP DRUMMING CIRCLE

place: state51, 8-10 rhoda street
time: 2pm, sunday 28th jan
if you arrive late: phone 07976552375 to get in (or we won't hear you)

kind of a practice, although i guess there will be a lot of technical
set up time and testing of timing algorithms and protocols.

* no melodies (grey area - pitched drums are ok, but timbre is the
focus)
* no sequencers, algorithmic rhythms only!
* free software only (closed source o/s accepted)
* no real drums (unless robot controlled)

http://www.pawfal.org/openlab/index.php?page=LaptopDrummingCircle

Directions:

Find your way to where brick lane crosses bethnal green road. The
number 8 and 388 buses, or the Liverpool street, Old street
or Bethnal Green tube stations should help. (Note that shoreditch
station is now closed.)

Once there, grab yourself a tasty bagel from one of the local bagel
shops. When ready, go north up brick lane until you see rhoda street on
your left.

Best viewed in a fixed width font:

    rhoda street

        __V__| |___
        ___ _ ___
state51 -> * | |
         ____ _____-> bethnal green road
             | |
  bagels -> *| |
             | |
           brick lane

state51 is on rhoda street, has 'state51' written on the gate in times
new roman. go up the metal stairs on the left hand side and knock on the
door. unless you're late, in which case ring 07976552375.

cheers!