Re: [livecode] live coding practice

From: Peter Worth <peterworth2_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:33:57 +0000

Hi, I only occasionally check threads on this list so i may have
missed a lot of discussion, but the thing that really strikes me is
that everyone still appears to be constantly comparing livecoding to
playing acoustic instruments - is this really necessary? the
implication is that livecoders are worried their practice is inferior
in some way.

>> The performer coding away on the computer has to get into the
>> algorithm
>> and stop concentrating on the music while typing. It seems like an
>> oscillation
>> between being immersed in the music and the abstract machine.
>
> The algorithm is the music!

this is interesting. i agree, but feel as though i shouldnt, because
i'm primarily interested in aesthetics and therefore only concerned
with hearing the results (too much code and not enough mp3s shared in
livecoding land in my opinion...)