Re: [livecode] livecoding with a bp2-alike thing

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 00:02:58 +0000

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 00:44 +0000, dave wrote:
> yes, that was my issue with the lsystem rule coding for a while - but on
> further research (mainly the formal rules as arithmetic processor in
> Godel Escher Bach) it seems that even the simplest domain specific
> languages can be used to express much higher level things.

Ah, I'll have to try to get further with that book...

> for the record I livecoded some audio controlled procedural geometry
> defined using turtle operations. very satisfying as it was all from
> scratch and I didn't save the script :)

And I couldn't see any of it :/

Mine was all from scratch too, I had some Perl scripts ready in the
wings but didn't use them. The grammar felt easy to play with, and was
surprisingly easy to work out what was making what sound with the
semi-onomatopoeic symbols.

I used datadirt to make the actual noises (sample trigger thing written
in C) rather than supercollider. Something is really brittle about how
I'm using supercollider, it either works perfectly or not at all. Have
supercollider users managed to get it so they can push against the
limits and have interesting glitches without scserver or jack crashing?

alex