Re: [livecode] bol processor

From: Nick Collins <nc272_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 10:53:34 +0100

oops, sent my email simultaneous to you Alex, but I just thought of one
more reference:

if the strings are alphabetic and you want to synthesise

kkkhhrjffiiiiiio

from an existing database of sound grains which has been learnt, see this
paper:

Michael Casey. Acoustic lexemes for organizing internet audio. Contemporary
Music Review, 24(6):489–508, December 2005.

For Michael, the alphabet is just a nice cheap coding mechanism (aab is
different to abb when you search for matches). once constructed, you could
just use it via particular strings which have more cultural meaning:

aaaaaaarrrgh!