Re: [livecode] bol processor

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 23:41:44 +0100

On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 23:49 +0200, Julian Rohrhuber wrote:
> I've just had dinner with Bernard Bel, so if you have any more
> specific questions, I can ask him tomorrow when he gives his
> presentation.

Wow! Well I really love the language, despite only imagining what it's
like to write things in it.

The obvious question is, can bol2 be used interactively? Another, are
you going to be talking near London at all?

As an aside, I had an idea while reading the documentation and papers
around bol2, of an onomatopoeic synthesiser. Instead of sending a midi
note to such a synthesiser you could just send a string of text, such as
"krrrnnk!" or "booooeee?" Much like a speech synthesiser but the aim
wouldn't be to make understandable phonetic speech, but rather a simple,
learnable mapping between arrangements of letters and sounds. It would
seem a natural way for specifying diverse sounds very quickly in a
controlled manner. It seems a fairly obvious idea but I couldn't
immediately find reference of anything similar existing.

alex