Re: [livecode] the future of programming

From: thor <th.list_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:54:02 +0100

> Something I'd like to look into is starlogo:
> http://education.mit.edu/starlogo-tng/ where the syntax is encoded
> in the
> visual programming language so it's immediately obvious which parts
> plug
> into which.

This looks interesting. Is it perhaps too high level?

Here is a visual programming language which seems pretty low level:

http://visula.org/gallery.html

But one wonders why not just do it in text form? Seems unnecessary
complex.

There was a conference on visual programming this week in Brighton:

http://www.cmis.brighton.ac.uk/vlhcc/

Those interested might find some references.