Re: [livecode] the future of programming

From: Michael Freeman <michael_at_mongrel.ie>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 18:08:16 +0100
Hello all -

Sorry to interrupt the debate. I work for Mongrel magazine, a monthly youth-culture mag based in Dublin. We'd really like to do a feature on livecoding - send a writer and photographer along to one of your shows, maybe talk to a couple of livecoders about what they do, that sort of thing. I think it could really help raise your profile, in the music community as well as more broadly. But I can't find any information anywhere about any upcoming shows, whether in the UK or elsewhere. Could anyone help us out? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Michael

----
*Contributors range from Pulitzer-prize winners (Geraldine Brooks,
Tony Horwitz), to children, to maximum security inmates.

*Controversial stories put us on the front page of The Mirror and on
prime time Fox News and CNN in the past year.

*Features range from the World's Fastest Eater (Sonya Thomas) to
Israel's Most-Wanted Terrorist (Jihad Ja'Ara).

*16-26 year-old print readership of 100,000 with a rapidly expanding online presence.

*Distributed throughout Ireland and NI with spot distribution in London.

*The most credible publication in Ireland.

*Check us out online at www.mongrelmagazine.com
----

Michael Freeman
Editor, Mongrel