Re: [livecode] the future of programming

From: Julian Rohrhuber <rohrhuber_at_uni-hamburg.de>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 12:13:14 +0200

Hey Thor,

interesting topic.

Well in a way, what is really explicit in a guitar is the fact that
the tone that I hear is a result of my finger position and pressure
(on a grid) and certain movement patterns that I have learned, or
found to be interesting. I think the finger-thought has its
explication in the guitar, just as the programming-thought has its
explication in the code. What is subtle in a program might be quite
implicit as well - often it just very well-tuned or elegant.

I do agree that I can interact really differently with a guitar than
in text. But I think this has more to do with culture than with
nature. The difference in different types of abstractions make them
perceptible. There is no original, "unabstracted", or at least I
don't know where it should be.

--
.