Re: [livecode] the future of programming

From: Julian Rohrhuber <rohrhuber_at_uni-hamburg.de>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:28:33 +0200

>I came across this link from a while ago, what is being described is
>very similar to the live-code manifesto:
>http://alarmingdevelopment.org/index.php?p=6
>
>I see the development of a language/environment for live-coding to be
>part of this larger initiative.
>thoughts?

interesting to read. It seems that many things are really similar,
and I think this is a reaction to the fact that programming is often
seen very much as a tool, so the idea of effectiveness stumbles over
its own feet.

Of course I don't agree with his notion of of "natural" and his
antimathematical arguments. Thinking "naturally" is mediated already
by cultural algorithms (language, images, abstractions etc.).
Programming languages are a way to make this thinking explicit (and
to be able to change it), however "unnatural" it might seem.

thoughts?
--
.