Re: [livecode] fluxus 0.10

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:59:28 +0100 (BST)

> Dave Griffiths wrote:
>
>> fluxus is for graphics, livenoisetools for sounds
>> I put them together with magic osc glue and fluxus becomes a musical
>> interface too.
>
> Ok, thanks.
>
>> In practical terms, fluxus is an attempt at free software as something
>> properly documented, released and supported, where as livenoisetools is
>> free software as messy experiment
>
> Ok, that's a difference I can understand :-)
>
>> - I'd advocate people using om or
>> supercollider in preference any day :)
>
> So bottom line: You only have (at the moment) sound generating software
> on pawfal that fall in your category of "messy experiment[s]"? :-)

fastbreeder is a bit more finished, but it's a toy really, so yes :) ssm
was very user orientated, but I didn't have the energy to make it useful
in a very crowded area (softsynths) there are enough of them around - or
put another way, the need for free software that exposes 3D hardware is
greater (and I know more about that).

cheers,

dave