Re: [livecode] livecode -> midi

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:24:16 +0100 (BST)

> SuperCollider and ChucK both have MIDI capabilities.
>
> Also, I think both Quoth (Craig Latta) and fluxus/noisepattern (Dave
> Griffiths) use MIDI out to software synths.

I switched to OSC a while back.

>> I looked at Mondrian
>> (http://www.math.tu-berlin.de/~brinkman/software/mondrian/index.html)
>> but it lacks a few features to be truely valuable in livecoding
situations.

I think Mondrian has a lot of potential, it uses a more traditional and
probably more competent version of the code I'm using for livecoding audio
(and now visuals) in scheme.

The thing is, I've never been sure if this counts as livecoding or not, as
its more of a macro expansion system. You can write formal rules which use
string replacement to do arithmetic (see Douglas Hofstadter's "Godel,
Escher, Bach") but it's probably not turing complete.

I don't really care too much though, it makes good basslines :)

cheers,

dave