Re: [livecode] new members

From: douglas edric stanley <destanley_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:44:41 +0200

>This is great (especially the auto computer
>crash, reminds me of Alex's stage management
>techniques), I look forward to seeing a
>performance at some point.

I'd like to know more about "Alex's stage management techniques".

I recently built an automatic stage manager for
an interactive music/image/interactive hypertable
concert thingy I do with the group "8=8".

cf. http://www.abstractmachine.net/blog/?p=12

We called the program "Big_Daddy" because it runs
the show, not us -- the performers. It even
determines the start of the show, meaning that
performances start *on time*, down to the second.
It really is pleasant, and keeps things moving,
to have a program determining the order of the
sets and their lengths -- and not the lead
guitarist...

The question often with automatic conductors, is
how does the audience know about it? My collegues
from the group "PacJap" created a simple but
ingenious system that had a picture of each
participant in a big networked stream/mix/osc
whatever -- whenever someone contributed to the
flux, their picture lit up, or changed. Suddenly
you could understand who was doing what in the
performance.
--
/*
// Douglas Edric Stanley