[livecode] Introduction + question

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:48:04 +0200

Hi

I'm new here, so let me introduce myself.

I'm mainly a jazz pianist, but also a keyboard player and linux user.
The last 3 years almost all my keyboard playing has been with my laptop
running csound, controlled with 3 usb keyboards.

Over the last year I got increasingly interrested in livecoding, first
by discovering livenoisetools and mondrian, later by looking at chuck.

Now for an initial question:

I'd like to keep using csound, since I know it very well, and build
quite a lot of instruments over the years. The last few days I've been
playing with mondrian together with csound, and some aspects of it work
quite well. For instance I realy like the idea of expressing melodies in
relative terms + the ability to put a small motif into a macro, put more
motif-macros into themes, etc.

However, it seems that mondrian is more geared towards composing, and
I'm looking for a live oriented tool. Something that'll let me interact
with it via midi keyboards, and that'll output midi events I can route
to csound.

Any recomendations for software that'll do that?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte