Re: [livecode] early live coding

From: Nick Collins <nc272_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:09:46 +0000

I knew this piece but I can't say I ever thought of it as live coding: the
rules of chess don't change during performance? The mappings aren't
modified once running? could you elaborate why you think it is a precursor?

(enjoyed the wiki article on Duchamp though, good to see an artist with a
sense of humour who abandons art for chess considering chess the greater
pursuit!)

I heard a rumour that there is a John Zorn improv setting that involves
musicians re-writing rules during play, but do not know which one it might
be or if it could qualify...

best

--On 16 December 2005 01:41:20 +0100 Julian Rohrhuber