[livecode] ChucK vs Ableton Live

From: Nick Collins <nc272_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:14:15 +0100

hi all,

Alan Blackwell and I wrote a paper on 'The Programming Language as a
Musical Instrument' from the perspective of human computer interaction,
which I've made public here in case anyone is curious:

http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~nc272/papers/pdfs/proglangasmusicinstr.pdf

It's for the Psychology of Programming Interest Group conference at the end
of this month where Alan is presenting it and will hopefully show Ade's
TOPLAP video on our behalf.

btw, I contributed the central parts waffling about laptop music, live
coding history, and the ChucK (pre Audicle) vs Ableton Live analysis, plus
a bit at the end about maintenance. All the rest is Alan's hard work. It's
written for HCI people so might be a bit entry level on music issues for
some points.

best,