[livecode] Fodder for Ars Electronica

From: Adrian Ward <adrian_at_signwave.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:51:58 +0000

Hello TOPLAPpers,

I'm collecting small bits of footage for the Ars Electronica DVD
submission (or more generally for a mini documentary) that I'll edit.
I've got a lot of video footage from Fredrik (thanks!) of our
Transmediale event, but I'd like to get some audio snippets of as many
of you as possible talking, a bit like a one-on-one interview, although
obviously conducted remotely, via the Internet, in non-realtime. You
could imagine me sitting in-front of you asking these questions if you
think it helps, although I can't imagine that'd be the case. Don't let
it disturb you too much.

So just set your microphones recording (doesn't need to be very high
quality, but at least 16 bit _at_ 22kHz please) and answer these
questions:

0. Please tell me your personal interpretation of the T.O.P.L.A.P.
acronym.
1. Who are you, and what the hell do you think you're doing?
2. So why don't you just go and play a regular musical instrument?
3. So you're saying that musicians are going to be replaced by robots
eh? (imagine I'm the narrow minded tabloid journalist for this one)
4. Why is live coding compelling?
5. What is the next live coding thing you're going to do?

I'm only looking for a few minutes of dialogue maximum. Once done,
compress as an MP3/OGG/etc and upload it via
http://www.signwave.co.uk/go/clients/upload - or onto your own servers
and mail me a link.

I'm hoping to start building the video this week and the deadline for
Ars Electronica is getting close.

Mail me if there's any questions. The more input the better!

Cheers,

--
Adrian Ward, Signwave UK
http://www.signwave.co.uk/ - +44(0)7711 623498