Re: [livecode] re: c-base tech specs

From: Amy Alexander <amy_at_plagiarist.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:33:10 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005, Fredrik Olofsson wrote:

FO> seems like it lacks serial input for switching, right?
FO> else i'd love to take on the role (with my usb->serial adapter) to live code
FO> patterns for switching between the 8 inputs :-)

yep, unfortunately it's just got a switch on the top and a sometimes
clunky infrared. there can also be some gap during the switching, if the
various inputs don't all have the same resolution and refresh rate.
however, if there's another projection superimposed, this isn't really a
problem.

FO> were we to buy 8 vga cables in germany? shall i look around for a cheap
FO> 8-pack? or how many can bring their own?

needs to be M->F VGA, sometimes known as "VGA extension." i have a few
and can bring more if needed but should pick them up soon, if so. but if
we can get them locally, that'd make my luggage a bit lighter.
thanks!

-_at_