Re: [livecode] re: c-base tech specs

From: Amy Alexander <amy_at_plagiarist.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:35:33 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Craig Latta wrote:

CL> I assume we'll have a projector switch/mixer and at least two
CL> projectors?

i will be bringing a startech presentation jockey:
http://www.startech.com/pressreleases/showarticle.cfm?id=262

it's basically an 8-port KVM switch, but without the K and the V - i.e. it
can switch between 8 pc's going to one projector.

i was assuming we'd need this only for the club tm megajam since we'll
need to have several people on-stage at once - but everyone's welcome to
use it at c-base as well if you have use for it there.

the way we used it at aarhus was that we had (initially) 3 projectors,
superimposed:
* 1 data projector with the presentation jockey, switching between
about 4 people's displays
* 1 projector with dave's output plugged in
* 1 projector with fredrik's output plugged in, which unfortunately
stopped working early in the set

so assuming we have 2 or 3 projectors at club-tm and/or c-base, we can do
something similar (but hopefully fredrik's output will be more fortunate
this time. :-) )

the presentation jockey also has a "black" position so the other
superimposed projecttions have the possibility of soloing.

-_at_