Re: [livecode] [Fwd: Re: toplap workshop at transmediale]

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:38:53 +0000

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 09:44 +0000, Nick Collins wrote:
> Yeah, your proposal was a bit passive for a workshop audience- they don't
> attend to watch, it's surely more fun to get them trying stuff out
> themselves.

Yes, I imagined a bigger audience, with a smaller one it makes much more
sense, especially with pre-requisite installs. Perhaps we could
schedule an install-a-thon for the previous day? I'd be happy to help
with any linux users.

> In terms of covering many systems, I think that's too ambitious, and some
> systems are more naturally set up for people other than the original
> creator. It's hard work to teach/install custom stuff which has probably
> only ever had one user. ChucK and jitlib have the advantage of being
> available in advance, cross platform without overly specific installation
> requirements, and have many natural help resources. They are designed for
> third party end-users.

Agreed, we should talk more about these differences sometime, an
interesting subject.

> It is good consequence that you may have pumped up the presentation time,
> so there is no fear of missing out anyone who wanted to present something.

Yes, and if it doesn't come through we can host something at c-base
instead.

> cheers for your constant energy and enthusiasm Alex

Thanks, I'm starting to run out of energy :), but I've been rather taken
by the idea of a large TOPLAP meeting and have run with it somewhat,
because I don't think we'd get another chance any time soon.

alex