Re: AW: AW: [livecode] toplap at club transmediale

From: Amy Alexander <amy_at_plagiarist.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:03:21 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, alex wrote:

a> How do people feel about the full day workshop? I'm only worried about
a> the lack of continuity but with so many people around to show their
a> stuff...
a>

i'm not sure what you mean by lack of continuity? i think it roughly
sounds good, though my first impression is it might be trying to fit too
much into the relatively short talk/panel and then we could have possibly
more time for the workshops than we want.

i'm not sure how the workshops would be structured: are they supposed to
be instructional? since they're also supposed to be for a general
audience, i'd think it would be tough to actually teach much about most of
the apps - on the other hand, 2 half-day sessions is a bit long for just
general discussion - though having a lot of apps and authors will
certainly help with that.

so perhaps we should emphasize the conceptual discussion in the talk/panel
and keep discussion of each tool very short - i.e. discussing each app in
the context of the author's particular interest/reasaons/opinions about
livecoding... thus hopefully whetting appetites for interested folks to
come to the workshops. then present the tools in more depth at the
workshops. how does that sound? one downside of that is i guess the
workshops are limited attendance and may have to be booked in advance of
the talk/panel.

a> Down sides that I see from a first reading... Only two people from the
a> UK, but I guess that is the best offer they can make, we asked if they
a> could stretch it to three. It doesn't mention festival passes - we
a> should ask if we can have passes for all of us. Is there anything I've
a> missed?
a>

i can't think of anything else but let's definitely ask for festival
passes for all of us!

a> How does this programme look?
a>

looks good to me!