Re: [livecode] toplap

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:11:43 +0100

> I wonder if the idea of immediacy carries very far here. Althogh it
> might be of considerate appeal (really!) to see what is "really"
> going on, say in the registers of a vm, it does not necessarily mean
> anything. But you are right that we are facing here the difficulty of
> language which can in some cases be by introducing a visualization.
> This visualization should, in my view, be considered on the same
> level as the music, thus, in a certain respect, secondary to code.

Interesting. I'm hopeless at this sort of theorising, so bear with me.

I like visualisations of processes, I think the process is the thing of
value, as you can write a bubble sort in any language under the sun -
it's the process of it being carried out that's cool, surely?

Ok, am I wrong? Is a bubble sort more interesting/have more value
written as perl, or ZX80 asm, or whitespace? Is your descision based
more on the characters used to describe the same algorithm? If this is
the case, then why bother running it? :/

dave