Re: [livecode] timing is everything

From: Julian Rohrhuber <rohrhuber_at_uni-hamburg.de>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:31:52 +0200

>On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 20:26, Julian Rohrhuber wrote:
>> yes, this is the funny thing - time stays relative and interwined
>> with space, whatever we try..
>
>Heh
>
>> On the osc list there was expressed the need for a synching method
>> for OSC, so that on a request anyone can join in.
>
>Did they get anywhere?

no, but maybe there would be some resonances if we brought it up again.
Maybe you should all join the osc list anyway?

osc_dev-request_at_create.ucsb.edu?subject=subscribe

>> we could agree on an osc message that contains a tempo information,
>> maybe even, as a start, a simple clock tick without a timestamp, as
>> LANs are quite fast anyway.
>
>I had a lot of problems trying to get that to work with more than one
>sound renderer. I think each process needs its own timer. Hmm, well
>maybe I'll try to come up with a working prototype that uses OSC.

maybe that works in sc because the server thread runs at a very high priority.
But I haven't read the sources carefully yet.
--
.