Re: [livecode] radio + more wiki

From: alex <alex_at_state51.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 10:48:31 +0100

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 00:36, Ge Wang wrote:
> We could also use some sections describing
> each of the systems that we use

This would be good, and could include excerpts from existing toplap
related papers.

> and perhaps even a tutorial of sorts.

There's an interesting idea. What level would it operate on? I suppose
that because there are several different systems it wouldn't be possible
to write a TOPLAP tutorial that says in detail how someone can work with
live code. Indeed, it would probably be against the fine principles of
TOPLAP to be so prescriptive about how things are done. However it
might work on a higher level, for example a tutorial for how to make
your own live coding environment... Running through the issues that we
have highlighted, for example, how a load / save function should work,
how much should be predefined, the role of graphical maps and
programming, and so on. So really a tutorial that asks questions rather
than providing easy answers.

alex