Re: [livecode] donīt overly improvise

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:26:03 +0100

On 24 Aug 2004 11:08:28 +0100, N. Collins wrote
> So I improvised the TOPLAP presentation here in Aarhus and learnt
> the subject of this message.
>
> In particular, start with some (basic) templates for the work you
> do. (ie SC, donīt write all SynthDefs from scratch)

hmm, I guess there is a danger to being too puritan with these things.

> I did an entirely blank slate demo- after ten mins, had a starting
> point, but had bored audience during the setup, though I might have
> proved some point or other.

Its a good point though, I've set up a livecoding template script for fluxus
that just renders a cube in a little render function, but is a good starting
point for building on (are we still doing a livecoding jam btw?) - and I was
feeling a little dirty and unpure - but otherwise it takes a few minutes to
write really boring code.

> cheers, see some of you this week...

see you later, tomorrow probably... erm, I'm the one with messy dreads btw :)

dave