Re: [livecode] q for a

From: alex <alex_at_state51.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:12:01 +0100

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 12:56, f_at_fredrikolofsson.com wrote:
> care to elaborate a little on your new setup? using supercollider
> these days? how did your recent first concert turn out? what's new
> since slub msg system?

I wanted to get more into synthesis and so bought a couple of curtis
roads books, began to learn SuperCollider and wrote a Perl library for
sending OSC commands to it, with timestamps for nice precision. So I'm
just using it to render the sound, like you suggested to me in Hamburg.

I read some of the curtis roads book while on holiday but haven't got
that far, so I'm using a simple and dodgy patch for synthesis that I
don't understand. I managed to write a sampler patch for loading
playing wavs after being surprised not to find a demo patch for that.

It works nicely although I haven't worked out how to limit the number of
simulatanious voices yet so I can push it a bit too far sometimes. I
can share the source when I get home if you're interested.

I'll write a report of my performace in Pescara soon.

alex